Current research shows a link between periodontal disease and cardiovascular disease in some patients. Though there is not concrete evidence as of yet, health-care providers and patients should not ignore the risks gum disease contributing to heart disease.
Dentists are encouraged to communicate to their patients the association between cardiovascular disease and periodontal disease.
Patients should be getting a comprehensive periodontal evaluation from their dental professional at least once a year. This should entail a full examination of teeth and gums, overall health status and age. Patients who are diagnosed with periodontal disease should inform their health care provider to reassure better incorporation of their care.
According to Pamela McClain, DDS, president of the American Academy of Periodontology , “There is no compelling evidence to support that treating periodontal disease will reduce cardiovascular disease at this time,” McClain said, “but we do know that periodontal care will improve your oral health status, reduce systemic inflammation and might be good for your heart as well.”
Schedule your next dental checkup today, don’t wait until it’s too late. Contact Theodore D. Haines DDS360-568-8577 or visit his website www.tedhainesdds.com
Porcelain veneers offer superior benefits over other cosmetic dental procedures, such as dental crowns or braces. The fingernail-thin shells, which are adhered to the front surface, solve a myriad of aesthetic problems with just one treatment. Here is a list of the top 10.
- Natural looking – Porcelain is a translucent material that mimics the look, luster, and feel of enamel.
- Whiten – When adhered to the front surface of your teeth, veneers you’re your teeth look instantly whiter.
- Straighten – Veneers offer a great alternative for patients with crooked teeth who do not want to endure the process of having their teeth straightened with dental braces.
- Fix – Veneers can fill in and improve the look of teeth that are chipped or broken.
- Fill in gaps – Veneers can be customized to repair smiles with unsightly gaps.
- Youthful – A whiter, brighter, more lustrous smile can immediately you’re your face a more youthful appearance.
- Conservative – Unlike other cosmetic procedures that require removing a large portion of healthy, natural teeth, veneers can be applied with little alteration.
- Protection – Once applied, the veneers also serve to provide a protective shield to the front surface of teeth.
- Stain resistant — Porcelain is stain resistant, which will make your smile stay brighter and whiter longer.
- Gum friendly – Gum tissue is not irritated by porcelain.
Achieve that beautiful smile you’ve always dreamed about. Make an appointment today with Dr. Ted Haines, DDS, 360-568-8577 or visit his website www.tedhainesdds.com.